New Zealand Association of Event Professionals
PRINCIPLES OF PROFESSIONAL AND ETHICAL CONDUCT
The New Zealand Association of Event Professionals represents the highest levels of professional and ethical behavior in the New Zealand events industry. This association has adopted these Principles of Professional and Ethical Conduct and its members use them as standards of honorable behavior by which they may evaluate their relationships with their clients, sponsors, suppliers, volunteers and colleagues.
No code or set of rules can be framed which will articulate all the duties and principles of event professionals. The following principles and guidelines are a general guide adopted by the membership of the New Zealand Association of Event Professionals and are intended to provide a framework for professional behavior, ethical conduct and conflict resolution. As a member of the New Zealand Association of Event Professionals, I will:
- Conduct myself with integrity, fairness, respect, impartiality, courtesy, honesty and credibility.
- Represent and act within my area of professional competency and authority without exaggeration, bias, misrepresentation or concealment.
- Develop, promote and present all events in accordance with the highest ethical standards of professionalism and personal conduct.
- Strive to provide the highest level of service and excellence of event delivery.
- Respect the need for confidentiality.
- Negotiate all agreements in good faith respecting the rights of all parties involved.
- Respect the policies and regulations of those organisations with whom I deal, act lawfully, uphold all NZ regulations and carry our activities using honest business practices.
- Pursue continuing education related to the events industry and share knowledge learned with others to further the profession.
- Avoid all activities that will cause damage to or discredit to myself, my company, the NZAEP or the events industry.
- Avoid actions, which are or could be perceived as a conflict of interest or for individual gain.
- Avoid any and all conflicts of interest and advise all parties, including my company, of any situations where a conflict of interest exists.
- Offer or accept only appropriate incentives, goods and services in business transactions.
- Value diversity and strive to reflect it by providing and fostering events that create an inclusive atmosphere for people regardless of their national origin, race, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental impairment.
Remedial Action: The NZAEP, through action by a 2/3 majority vote of its Board, may agree to consider gross violations of the forgoing rule and considerations. After considerations, by whatever procedure the NZAEP Board shall choose, it may:
A. Dismiss the charge
B. Issue a formal reprimand to the member
C. Refuse to grant membership, or revoke and/or refuse to renew the Member's membership.